How to make a good application…

Category: Business IT Business Processes European Business Management European Finance Global Finance Global Marketing International Operations Finance Product Supply R&D Global Development R&D Regulatory Affairs | 17 comments

Right about now applications are flying in for the Graduate Programme and I know that many are working on their applications. Therefore I thought I would share with you a few comments on how to make your application good.

Here are a few questions that I believe will help you brainstorm before writing the application. By answering these questions you will get a good feeling about your fit to the programme and that will hopefully help you out in writing a good application.

The Company:

• Why do want to work for Novo Nordisk?
  • Why do you want to work in the pharmaceutical industry?

The Graduate Programme:

• What do you find interesting about the Graduate Programme?
  • Why do you think it will fit your profile (experience and personality)?
  • Why did you choose the specific programme to apply for?
  • What makes you a good candidate for the programme?

Your personality:

• What do you have passion for in life? how does that fit the programme?
  • What makes you stand out?
  • What will you get out of the Graduate Programme?
  • What do you aim to achieve in the future?

Please note that these are only my comments and my hope is that they will help you out. There is of course no “one way” or “the only correct way” to make a good application.

I hope that all of you who are interested send in an application because this programme truly is a lifetime opportunity.
If you have any questions then please leave a comment or contact me.

Good luck***
Sigga

How to make a good application..., 4.9 out of 5 based on 13 ratings

17 Comments to How to make a good application…

1. Posted January 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Permalink
    Sohail Ahmad says:

@Sigga
    Sohail Ahmad

2. Posted January 15, 2011 at 11:58 am | Permalink
    Carla Nieto says:

Hi Sigga
    I am about to start the 2nd semester of my graduate program and I wonder if I can apply for this opportunity or if it is only for people who have already graduated from their master`s program?
    And I also wonder if you can help me telling me where can I apply? because I have tried to click on the link that says “apply here” but nothing happens, and there is no further information in the page.
    Best regards
    Carla

3. Posted January 17, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Permalink
    Sigga Hardardottir says:

You are more than welcome Sohail. Hope it was useful to you.

4. Posted January 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Permalink
    Sigga Hardardottir says:

Hi Carla

When will you finish your masters degree?
    If you are finished by September 2011 you can definitely apply for the Graduate Programme at Novo Nordisk.
    This is a full time job and the programmes start in September every year so you should preferably be finished with your masters at that time.
    That being said, I do not want to rule anything out because anything is possible. Which programme are you planning to apply for?

Here is a link to the application: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduate/apply-to-base-camp_uk.asp
    You just click the programme you are interested in and it will take you to the application. I just tried it and it worked for me.
    If it still does not work for you, please let me know and I will help you figure that out.

Looking forward to your response,
    Sigga

5. Posted January 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Permalink
    Giulia says:

Dear Sigga,

before I press the button Apply now! I would like to know what exactly I should prepare to submit…
    thanks a lot

6. Posted January 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Permalink
    Deepal lovely said deep says:

HI,Dear Sigga,
    looks that you are so helpful and kindly know that i finishing my MBA in Nov 2011 and your opinion on application pls

BR

Deep
    Sri Lanka

7. Posted January 23, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Permalink
    Sigga Hardardottir says:

Hi Deep
    The programmes start on the 1st of September every year. It might be tough if you are still in school when the programmes start, but never say never ;)
    I hope you apply, let me know if you have any further questions.
    Sigga

8. Posted January 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Permalink
    Sigga Hardardottir says:

Hi Giulia

On the website, they ask you for everything needed in the application. If you fill out everything they ask for you are good to go.

Regarding the documents to upload:
    Application: This is your cover letter, upload a pdf file of your reasons for applying for the programme. If you go through the questions in the blog post you should it will hopefully help you in writing the application.
    Diploma: An official letter from your university with your grades
    CV: The resume
    Other File: If you have any other documents you would like to share: any awards, trainings, workshops, recognitions, etc. you should upload them here.

hope this helps
    best of luck
    Sigga

9. Posted January 28, 2011 at 12:58 am | Permalink
    Adriana says:

Dear Sigga,
    Thanks a lot for all the information above!
    I have just another question: must the diploma be sworn translated?

Thanks and regards,
    Adriana

10. Posted February 1, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink
    Ero says:

Dear Sigga,

I am presently studying for a Masters in International Business and my program will be over by August 2011. However, I will like to know if one’s nationality matters in the application process as I do not possess necessary working documents for Denmark.

Thank you.

11. Posted February 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Permalink
    Lise says:

Dear Ero,

We encourage all nationalities to apply, the programme is very international! Novo Nordisk with assist you with working documents and visas should you be selected.

Good luck,

Lise

12. Posted February 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Permalink
    Lise says:

Dear Adriana,

You should submit your diploma in English, if possible.

BR

Lise

13. Posted February 11, 2011 at 5:14 am | Permalink
    Navid says:

Dear Lise/ Sigga,

I have submitted my application on the 13th of January for the Supply Chain Graduate Programme. I am eagerly waiting to hear from them. I have been constantly looking through these blogs and have greatly benefited from most of the comments made here.

I would like to find out if there is any way for me now, to send some updated documents to the recruiter/s. I would like to send them my updated CV and transcript.

Thanking you.
    Navid

14. Posted February 11, 2011 at 11:04 am | Permalink
    Lise says:

Hi Navid,

If you have any major changes to your CV or transcripts, you can reply to the email that confirmed the receipt of your applications.

BR

Lise

15. Posted February 11, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Permalink
    Navid says:

Hi Lise,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
    I was thinking of sending my transcript for the previous semester here at Columbia University, USA. The one I had sent earlier was my transcript for the first 3 years of my degree which was completed from University College London (UCL). I am currently on study abroad from UCL to Columbia. And based on my results I also wanted to update my CV.

I will hopefully do that later today!

Thanking you once again!
    Navid.

16. Posted December 5, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Permalink
    Ketan says:

Indeed a nice post. These are very important questions to answer.

Thanks Sigga.

17. Posted December 29, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I just wanted to send a quick comment so as to thank you for those fantastic tactics you are showing at this website. My particularly long internet investigation has at the end been honored with wonderful facts and techniques to go over with my co-workers. I would claim that we visitors actually are very much fortunate to dwell in a fabulous place with very many special individuals with very beneficial strategies. I feel very grateful to have used your website and look forward to plenty of more thrilling moments reading here. Thank you once again for everything.