When I thought about how I could help you to know better about Novo Nordisk, one idea came to my mind immediately. Why not describe a day I had? Some of you are interested in what a workday could be like for a graduate. So I will pick up my last Wednesday as an example.
In the morning:
I arrived at the office @ around 8: 30 am. Normally people come to office between 8:00 – 9:00. However, It is quite flexible.
- I had a project finalization meeting with our IT vendor. The project established an IT portal to support the Service Desk. In this meeting, we closed the project and discussed about project follow-up processes.
- Later, I presented to ITS Management about a service delivery model between our unit and them. We had some nice discussion regarding that topic. My mentor, the CVP of ITS, wrote me an email later to tell me that the presentation was good and also gave me some feedbacks on where to improve.
- I discussed with my manager about some new tasks since my main tasks were all completed last year.
Lunch with my colleagues. I am constantly amazed by the eating speed of my Danish colleagues. Their ability of eating very fast but also nicely while talking and laughing is very impressive :)
In the afternoon:
- I started reviewing contracts we made with one specific IT vendor in three different regions. The idea is to consolidate these local contracts into one global contract so we can get benefits from the economy of scale. I started analyzing those contracts and making a framework to describe the differences in those contracts.
- Preparing for a workshop for the unit development plan.
After work, I went to Novo gym in Bagsværd and enjoyed the exercises.
So that was it. Each day I do feel that I have learned new things.
Have a good week and good luck with your applications, everyone!
Building 9Q, Bagsværd 8:30 in the morning