Oh right, and you get paid.

Category: R&D Regulatory Affairs | 18 comments

Hi all,

Over the past few weeks there have been a ton of questions relating to some particulars about the Regulatory Affairs Graduate position (and for the Graduate Programme, in general).

Ideally, of course, one’s desire for this position should be based around changing your own life as well as helping to change the lives of others (as Inca writes here ). And what an opportunity you will have to do both with Novo Nordisk, which has established an environment where one is given both the opportunity to develop as a person and help change the lives of millions.

However, understanding that there are particulars that everyone wants answers to; what makes this programme even more fantastic is that you get paid! So do not let the term “graduate programme” mislead you. As a Regulatory Affairs Graduate (and, indeed, as a Graduate in general) you will be a full-time employee with a full-time salary (approximately 5500 USD a month).

And along with that comes the responsibility of being a full-time employee. This is not a position where you sit idly by as you watch others do important work. No, from day one you will be doing important work and will be expected to produce (just ask Jerome about his challenging day). Therefore you will have full autonomy to “sink or swim”.

So what do you say? Does having the opportunity to start your career in a challenging environment with a growing company excite you? Are you ready to contribute to something that is bigger than yourself?

Don’t forget that the deadline for applications is 9 Feb.

Apply here: www.novonordisk.com/Regulatory-Affairs-Graduate

Oh right, and you get paid. , 4.8 out of 5 based on 6 ratings

18 Comments to Oh right, and you get paid.

1. Posted January 21, 2014 at 8:54 am | Permalink
    Mei-Theng says:

Hi Mark! Congratulations on being in the program and thank you for the informative blog posts.

I’m Mei-Theng from Malaysia. I graduated last May with a MSc Bioscience Regulatory Affairs from Johns Hopkins and I am currently preparing my application for this program.

Last August, I was fortunate to have visited Copenhagen with my family and I must say that I was surprised at the cost of living. I understand that this program is offering full-time paid positions, but is the salary given comparable to the cost of living including having to pay taxes, accommodation, utilities, etc.? While I am keen on this program, I would like to reassure my family that I can be financially independant while working in Denmark.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to your reply. Have a great day!

Mei-Theng

2. Posted January 24, 2014 at 12:44 am | Permalink
    VIVEK says:

Hello,
    Can I get some Information Regarding The VISA OR Work Permit Requirements For the R&D Regulatory Affairs Graduate Programme. I am currently an expat as a full-time postgraduate student in United Kingdom.
    -Thanks & regards!

3. Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Vivek,

Check out: http://www.workpermit.com/denmark/danish-immigration.htm for some general information.

Mark

4. Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:42 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Mei-Theng,

You are right, the cost of living is relatively high. You need not worry, though, as long as you don’t have a massive amount of debt before you come, the salary is enough to allow for comfortable living.

Good luck,
    Mark

5. Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink
    Sanjitkumar Vaghel says:

Dear MArk,

Firstly, thank you very much for such an important informations regarding programme.

I am from India and how can i apply online as i am not getting the link for online application.

Thank you for your valuable guidance.

6. Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Sanjitkumar,

The online application is found here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/job_section/current_jobs.asp?jobid=18037BR&lCountry=

Good luck,
    Mark

7. Posted January 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink
    Peter Rise says:

Hi Mark

Thanks for an interesting blog. I have planned to apply for the graduate position in regulatory affairs. I was wondering how many hours a week that you put into your job? For me it is important to have a challenging job and also have time for family and friends.

sincerely
    Peter

8. Posted January 31, 2014 at 9:38 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Peter,

According to the contract, graduates have a 37 hour work week. Don’t worry, while we all work hard, there is a strong focus at Novo Nordisk on fostering a work/life balance.

Mark

9. Posted February 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm | Permalink
    Gaurav Dutta says:

Hi Mark,
    Trust you are doing good.

First, I would like to thank for such a brilliant program and thanks for this blog here. I have a query regarding the admission procedure.

Actually, I have started my Masters in Software Engineering and I am right now, 6 months down the program. I gave the exam for the for semester and my GPA is 9.33 out of 10. Now, the subjects have been reduced and our university is telling everyone to look out for jobs. So, is it possible that I can still get the admission while I am doing my masters.

I have more than 7 years of experience in IT in MNCs like Accenture, Sapient prior to joining my Masters program.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Gaurav Dutta

10. Posted February 4, 2014 at 4:29 pm | Permalink
    m.adarsh says:

Hello sir,
    thank you very much for such an important informations regarding programme.

am now pursuing my master’s in pharmacy. final year, i want to know am i eligible for this graduate prog or not.

please clarify my doubt and am really intrested in this challenging job.

Thank you.

11. Posted February 4, 2014 at 5:58 pm | Permalink
    Daria Barsuk says:

Hello Mark, thank you for the information that you share with us here.
    I would be great if you’d be able to clearify for me the information about positions:
    I graduated from physical faculty but in fact I dealt with senthysise of polymer materials which are also applied in threatment of diabet. My University program also included some knowledge of statistics, lots oh high maths and also economics. Which position in R&D would you consider as the most suitable for my background?

12. Posted February 4, 2014 at 7:42 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Dear Gaurav,

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Novo Nordisk Regulatory Affairs Graduate Programme.

You need to have your degree completed by the start date of the programme (Sept 2014). So as long as you do, you are eligible. If not, please consider applying next year or looking at the novonordisk.com/careers site for many other job opportunities.

Mark

13. Posted February 4, 2014 at 7:43 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Dear Madarsh,

As long as you complete your degree by the start date (Sept 2014), you are eligible.

Mark

14. Posted February 4, 2014 at 7:49 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Daria,

The most suitable position for you is ultimately up to you what you find most interesting. There is both a statistics track and a health economics track (both seemingly relevant for you) under the Global Development Graduate Programme and there is, of course, the Regulatory Affairs Programme. I would say that the statistics and health economics routes are more specialized and the RA route is more general. Depending on which of those (specialized vs general) you prefer, I would select accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Mark

15. Posted February 5, 2014 at 11:46 am | Permalink
    Shikha Malik says:

Hi Mark,

The deadline for filing the application is approaching soon. How would be get to know the results?

I would appreciate if you could let us know the time by which we can expect a call from novonordisk family.

I am keeping my fingers cross :)

Shikha Malik

16. Posted February 5, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Shikha,

You will hear within 2 weeks after the deadline on whether you have (or have not) been selected for an interview.

Good luck,
    Mark

17. Posted February 6, 2014 at 5:12 pm | Permalink
    Antony Okungu says:

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for the insight on your blog.
    I have a Masters in Actuarial Science-Heriot Watt University,and currently working as an Health-Actuarial Analyst.What section of the Graduate Programme do you think would be suitable for me?

18. Posted February 7, 2014 at 10:53 am | Permalink
    Mark says:

Hi Antony,

Interesting background. I would suggest one of the Global Development programmes, perhaps Health Economics or maybe even Statistics.

Good luck,