CV, Coverletter, and wait….a VIDEO!?

Category: Business Processes Global & European Market Access Global Marketing | 32 comments

Hey everyone!

The job ads for the graduate programmes are now up and running, so I thought you would need some last minute tips before filming the application video!

I wish all of you the best of success (and a bit of luck) in the application process!

Best, Claudia

CV, Coverletter, and wait....a VIDEO!?, 4.4 out of 5 based on 11 ratings

32 Comments to CV, Coverletter, and wait….a VIDEO!?

1. Posted January 24, 2017 at 9:41 pm | Permalink
    Zarina says:

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for the video. My question is you told to tell about yourself, whether it’s professional achievements or personal achievements in a video. Did you tell your achievements in relation to the program that you were applying to? I mean, how your achievements can benefit the progam and Novo Nordisk respectively?

Cheers,
    Zarina.

2. Posted January 24, 2017 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Zarina,

thanks for your message. Yes, it is a good idea to talk about the achievements and skills in relation to the graduate programme and the company at large. It is also a good idea to include any learnings that you expect to gain from the programme.

I hope this helps :-)

All the best,
    Claudia

3. Posted January 25, 2017 at 12:08 am | Permalink
    Angelica C says:

Hi Claudia,

thank you very much for your sharing your experience regarding the video, it is actually very helpful information since personally, it is one of the most challenging requirements for the application.

If I am applying in Colombia, the video should be in the local language (Spanish) or better to record it in English?

Thanks for your info.

Regards.

Angie.

4. Posted January 25, 2017 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Hi Angie,

Good to hear that the video is helpful for you!
    If there is no indication of whether it should be in Spanish or English, I would assume that you are supposed to film it in English. The corporate language at Novo Nordisk is English, so that’s why I would suggest you to do it in English :-)

Best, Claudia

5. Posted January 26, 2017 at 10:20 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hi Claudia,

I am currently doing my MSc healthcare policy and management in University of Birmingham, UK and scheduled to finish in September 2017. I have done Bachelor’s of dental surgery for my Undergrads in India. Do you think I am eligible for applying ??
    I am very keenly interested in the programme and I have had a opportunity of studying in multiple countries throughout my school career.
    I have no work experience since I jumped into my masters course after finishing my undergrads straight away. The only possible experience I have is from the one year compulsory rotatory internship as a part of my undergrads. Do you think this would be an issue?? Also since I’m still doing my masters… And it’s a one year course in UK, I have not got any grades or transcripts so far from this course… So should I be attaching the grade transcripts from my undergrads that I finished last year….
    And for the cover letter… who should it be addressed to??? or should it just say Dear/Respected sir/Madam
    Thanks a lot for your guidance….

Regards
    Vijaya

6. Posted January 27, 2017 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Hi Vijaya,

Great to hear about your interest in the programme! With your profile, especially with a medical background added with the healthcare policy Master’s, I suggest you look into the Market Access Graduate Programme: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk/european-market-access.html. There is also the possibility to apply for more than one programme, but the Global Marketing Programme is rather targeted towards business students, who have experience within Marketing.

As regards the transcripts, it is sufficient to add the transcript of your undergrad and then a certificate of enrolment for your current studies. I hope that makes sense :-)

You don’t necessarily have to address the coverletter to someone specific, “Dear Sir or Madam” is totally fine!

Let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

Best, Claudia

7. Posted January 27, 2017 at 11:52 am | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hey Claudia
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and guidance. Yeah I’m planning on applying to the European market access programme. And I seem to fulfill all the requirements for the programme.
    For the cover letter it has to follow a normal template?? With senders address and receivers address, subject and date??

Regards
    Vijaya

8. Posted January 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Hi again Vijaya,

I would suggest you to take a normal layout of the coverletter, it does not have to be anything fancy, but you can also be creative. So no limits in that sense; just stay within the 1 page guidance.

Thanks!
    Best, Claudia

9. Posted January 27, 2017 at 3:22 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Thanks a lot Claudia for your help… Hope to see you soon
    Best wishes
    Vijaya

10. Posted February 3, 2017 at 10:51 am | Permalink
    kitty says:

Hey,

Before joining the graduate programme what were your expectation from the programme and upto what extent they got fulfilled?

11. Posted February 3, 2017 at 10:14 pm | Permalink
    Christian Zen Balguna says:

Hi Claudia,

Im currently in my dissertation semester for my MBA here in Denmark under the programme of Coventry University in London. The programme will be finish in June 2017. My undergraduate is Business administration major in Marketing Management. What are other programme that I can apply apart from global marketing programme? Thanks a lot. It is a very helpful video.

Kind Regards
    Christian

12. Posted February 4, 2017 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hi Christian,

thanks for your message. With your profile, both the Global Marketing and Global Business Processes Programmes are suitable for you. You can take a look at the exact programme descriptions here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates.html

All the best with the applications,
    Claudia

13. Posted February 4, 2017 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Hi Kitty,

thanks for your message! Before I joined the programme, I expected to become part of an enthusiastic team and work on tasks that entailed a great deal of responsibility. I hoped to be able to learn about pharmaceutical marketing and improve my project management skills. It’s now safe to say that these expectations were more than fulfilled. In general, graduates receive a great deal of responsibility already in the first months – I even run a project that I have 100% responsibility for.

I hope that answers your question :-)

Thanks & all the best,
    Claudia

14. Posted February 5, 2017 at 8:52 pm | Permalink
    Isha Majmudar says:

Hey Claudia,

I am pursuing a Masters degree in business and biotechnology from USA. I have taken courses in Regulatory Affairs, Drug Development, Finance, MArketing, Intellectual Property among others. My undergraduate degree was in Biotechnology in India. I am interested in the Graduate Rotation Program. According to you, which concentration will i be best suited for?

Best Regards
    Isha Majmudar

15. Posted February 6, 2017 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Hi Isha,

thanks for your message. With your profile, I would suggest you to take a look at the regulatory affairs and market access programmes. You can find an overview of the programmes here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates.html

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any other request.

Best, Claudia

16. Posted February 6, 2017 at 11:09 am | Permalink
    Lily says:

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your video.
    It really helps!

Still, I am wondering about the content of the video and the content of the cover letter. Since both serve to answer whether I am the best fit for the company, the content is somewhat the same. So should I try to make them entirely different? Or is it ok to repeat some strong points? (like biggest achievements…?

Lily

17. Posted February 7, 2017 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Hi Lily,

thanks for your message. The purpose of the video is just to add that extra personal touch to your application. The decision what to put in the video is thus fully up to you. It is completely okay to repeat some strong points and give it more meaning or a story in the video. It can also be that you only want to focus on a specific point that you did not yet mention in your coverletter. Both works!

Good luck with your application :-)

Best, Claudia

18. Posted February 7, 2017 at 12:03 pm | Permalink
    Carolina Ramirez says:

Hi Claudia,

I finish last December and November and MBA and specialization in Finance. I am economist and I like the Finance program and the Business Processes but I do no know wich one could be better for me or if it is possible to apply for both

Regards

Carolina

19. Posted February 7, 2017 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Carolina,

It is possible to apply for both programmes! I suggest you take a close look at the requirements of both programmes and read blogposts from our Finance and Business Processes Graduates here on the blog :-))

Best, Claudia

20. Posted February 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Hi Claudia,

I am finalizing my Master’s degree in Psychology by April 2017, and majoring in Organizational Psychology. As far as I could tell from the FAQ section, Psychology has not been marked as a relevant field of study for any of the graduate programmes. I am wondering if this means that there is no point in applying for any of the programmes with my profile?

Thanks!

Camilla

21. Posted February 11, 2017 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Camilla!

Thanks for your message! Do you have any business-related experience (e.g. From your undergraduate studies, internships, etc)? If yes, then you can sure apply :-) as the programmes are business-related, it is necessary to have some kind of background knowledge.

Hope that helps!

Best, Claudia

22. Posted February 11, 2017 at 9:08 pm | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Hi Claudia,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Besides my studies, I have experience from administrative, coordinating, process optimization, and sales related student worker positions, but not really on a “high” business level. Both my undergrad studies and my internship were in Psychology.

I would however definitely say that Organizational Psychology is business-related, as it involves theory on organizational structure, strategy, culture, motivation, productivity etc., and I am writing my MA thesis on leadership. But my business understanding would definitely benefit from learning more about financial and economical aspects. Thus, I am mainly wondering if this kind of knowledge is a prerequisite for applying? Or if it might be one of the learnings which I could obtain through the programme?

Thanks again,

Camilla

23. Posted February 13, 2017 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Hi Camilla,

sorry, I just read this so I hope it’s not too late – did you apply? Because I definitely agree that organisational psychology is business related, too. So that would be enough as a prerequesite in my opinion.

Best, Claudia

24. Posted February 13, 2017 at 11:30 am | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Thanks, Claudia, for taking the time to reply to my messages, even over the weekend.

I totally understand I couldn’t expect a response on a Sunday, so I realize I reached out a bit too late. Regrettably, I wasn’t convinced that my profile was sufficiently business oriented after reading the “Which programme is for me”-section under the FAQ, and your previous comment, so I actually didn’t end up applying.

I’m however glad to hear you think it would be enough of a prerequisite for this kind of position – a clear motivation to apply for similar positions in the future :)

Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Camilla

25. Posted March 29, 2017 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

“Hi there, I want to subscribe for this web site to obtain most recent updates, therefore where can i do it please assist.”

26. Posted March 30, 2017 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Hi,

thanks for your comment. If you want to stay updated on the blog, feel free to stop by from time to time :-) We also have our talent pipeline, in which you will get news on the different programmes: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/registration-to-global-talent-pipeline.html?cid=nnc-gc-front-gtp

Feel free to sign up!

Best, Claudia

27. Posted May 1, 2017 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

“Very good article! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website.”

28. Posted May 18, 2017 at 4:07 pm | Permalink
    starter kits says:

“With all these silly websites, such a great page keeps my internet hope alive.”

29. Posted May 21, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink
    Mobile Slots says:

“wow, awesome blog.Thanks Again. Really Cool.”

30. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:39 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Thanks a lot! Glad it helps.

31. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:40 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Haha, that is great to hear! Thanks!

32. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:41 pm | Permalink