CV, Coverletter, and wait….a VIDEO!?

Category: Business Processes Global & European Market Access Global Marketing | 75 comments

Hey everyone!

The job ads for the graduate programmes are now up and running, so I thought you would need some last minute tips before filming the application video!

I wish all of you the best of success (and a bit of luck) in the application process!

CV, Coverletter, and wait....a VIDEO!?, 4.4 out of 5 based on 11 ratings

75 Comments to CV, Coverletter, and wait….a VIDEO!?

1. Posted January 24, 2017 at 9:41 pm | Permalink
    Zarina says:

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for the video. My question is you told to tell about yourself, whether it’s professional achievements or personal achievements in a video. Did you tell your achievements in relation to the program that you were applying to? I mean, how your achievements can benefit the progam and Novo Nordisk respectively?

Cheers,
    Zarina.

2. Posted January 24, 2017 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Zarina,

thanks for your message. Yes, it is a good idea to talk about the achievements and skills in relation to the graduate programme and the company at large. It is also a good idea to include any learnings that you expect to gain from the programme.

I hope this helps :-)

All the best,
    Claudia

3. Posted January 25, 2017 at 12:08 am | Permalink
    Angelica C says:

Hi Claudia,

thank you very much for your sharing your experience regarding the video, it is actually very helpful information since personally, it is one of the most challenging requirements for the application.

If I am applying in Colombia, the video should be in the local language (Spanish) or better to record it in English?

Thanks for your info.

Regards.

Angie.

4. Posted January 25, 2017 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Hi Angie,

Good to hear that the video is helpful for you!
    If there is no indication of whether it should be in Spanish or English, I would assume that you are supposed to film it in English. The corporate language at Novo Nordisk is English, so that’s why I would suggest you to do it in English :-)

5. Posted January 26, 2017 at 10:20 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hi Claudia,

I am currently doing my MSc healthcare policy and management in University of Birmingham, UK and scheduled to finish in September 2017. I have done Bachelor’s of dental surgery for my Undergrads in India. Do you think I am eligible for applying ??
    I am very keenly interested in the programme and I have had a opportunity of studying in multiple countries throughout my school career.
    I have no work experience since I jumped into my masters course after finishing my undergrads straight away. The only possible experience I have is from the one year compulsory rotatory internship as a part of my undergrads. Do you think this would be an issue?? Also since I’m still doing my masters… And it’s a one year course in UK, I have not got any grades or transcripts so far from this course… So should I be attaching the grade transcripts from my undergrads that I finished last year….
    And for the cover letter… who should it be addressed to??? or should it just say Dear/Respected sir/Madam
    Thanks a lot for your guidance….

Regards
    Vijaya

6. Posted January 27, 2017 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Hi Vijaya,

Great to hear about your interest in the programme! With your profile, especially with a medical background added with the healthcare policy Master’s, I suggest you look into the Market Access Graduate Programme: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk/european-market-access.html. There is also the possibility to apply for more than one programme, but the Global Marketing Programme is rather targeted towards business students, who have experience within Marketing.

As regards the transcripts, it is sufficient to add the transcript of your undergrad and then a certificate of enrolment for your current studies. I hope that makes sense :-)

You don’t necessarily have to address the coverletter to someone specific, “Dear Sir or Madam” is totally fine!

Let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

7. Posted January 27, 2017 at 11:52 am | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hey Claudia
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and guidance. Yeah I’m planning on applying to the European market access programme. And I seem to fulfill all the requirements for the programme.
    For the cover letter it has to follow a normal template?? With senders address and receivers address, subject and date??

Regards
    Vijaya

8. Posted January 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Hi again Vijaya,

I would suggest you to take a normal layout of the coverletter, it does not have to be anything fancy, but you can also be creative. So no limits in that sense; just stay within the 1 page guidance.

Thanks!

9. Posted January 27, 2017 at 3:22 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Thanks a lot Claudia for your help… Hope to see you soon
    Best wishes
    Vijaya

10. Posted February 3, 2017 at 10:51 am | Permalink
    kitty says:

Hey,

Before joining the graduate programme what were your expectation from the programme and upto what extent they got fulfilled?

11. Posted February 3, 2017 at 10:14 pm | Permalink
    Christian Zen Balguna says:

Hi Claudia,

Im currently in my dissertation semester for my MBA here in Denmark under the programme of Coventry University in London. The programme will be finish in June 2017. My undergraduate is Business administration major in Marketing Management. What are other programme that I can apply apart from global marketing programme? Thanks a lot. It is a very helpful video.

Kind Regards
    Christian

12. Posted February 4, 2017 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hi Christian,

thanks for your message. With your profile, both the Global Marketing and Global Business Processes Programmes are suitable for you. You can take a look at the exact programme descriptions here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates.html

All the best with the applications,
    Claudia

13. Posted February 4, 2017 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Hi Kitty,

thanks for your message! Before I joined the programme, I expected to become part of an enthusiastic team and work on tasks that entailed a great deal of responsibility. I hoped to be able to learn about pharmaceutical marketing and improve my project management skills. It’s now safe to say that these expectations were more than fulfilled. In general, graduates receive a great deal of responsibility already in the first months – I even run a project that I have 100% responsibility for.

I hope that answers your question :-)

Thanks & all the best,
    Claudia

14. Posted February 5, 2017 at 8:52 pm | Permalink
    Isha Majmudar says:

Hey Claudia,

I am pursuing a Masters degree in business and biotechnology from USA. I have taken courses in Regulatory Affairs, Drug Development, Finance, MArketing, Intellectual Property among others. My undergraduate degree was in Biotechnology in India. I am interested in the Graduate Rotation Program. According to you, which concentration will i be best suited for?

Best Regards
    Isha Majmudar

15. Posted February 6, 2017 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Hi Isha,

thanks for your message. With your profile, I would suggest you to take a look at the regulatory affairs and market access programmes. You can find an overview of the programmes here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates.html

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any other request.

16. Posted February 6, 2017 at 11:09 am | Permalink
    Lily says:

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your video.
    It really helps!

Still, I am wondering about the content of the video and the content of the cover letter. Since both serve to answer whether I am the best fit for the company, the content is somewhat the same. So should I try to make them entirely different? Or is it ok to repeat some strong points? (like biggest achievements…?

Lily

17. Posted February 7, 2017 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Hi Lily,

thanks for your message. The purpose of the video is just to add that extra personal touch to your application. The decision what to put in the video is thus fully up to you. It is completely okay to repeat some strong points and give it more meaning or a story in the video. It can also be that you only want to focus on a specific point that you did not yet mention in your coverletter. Both works!

Good luck with your application :-)

18. Posted February 7, 2017 at 12:03 pm | Permalink
    Carolina Ramirez says:

Hi Claudia,

I finish last December and November and MBA and specialization in Finance. I am economist and I like the Finance program and the Business Processes but I do no know wich one could be better for me or if it is possible to apply for both

Regards

Carolina

19. Posted February 7, 2017 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Carolina,

It is possible to apply for both programmes! I suggest you take a close look at the requirements of both programmes and read blogposts from our Finance and Business Processes Graduates here on the blog :-))

20. Posted February 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Hi Claudia,

I am finalizing my Master’s degree in Psychology by April 2017, and majoring in Organizational Psychology. As far as I could tell from the FAQ section, Psychology has not been marked as a relevant field of study for any of the graduate programmes. I am wondering if this means that there is no point in applying for any of the programmes with my profile?

Thanks!

Camilla

21. Posted February 11, 2017 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Camilla!

Thanks for your message! Do you have any business-related experience (e.g. From your undergraduate studies, internships, etc)? If yes, then you can sure apply :-) as the programmes are business-related, it is necessary to have some kind of background knowledge.

Hope that helps!

22. Posted February 11, 2017 at 9:08 pm | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Hi Claudia,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Besides my studies, I have experience from administrative, coordinating, process optimization, and sales related student worker positions, but not really on a “high” business level. Both my undergrad studies and my internship were in Psychology.

I would however definitely say that Organizational Psychology is business-related, as it involves theory on organizational structure, strategy, culture, motivation, productivity etc., and I am writing my MA thesis on leadership. But my business understanding would definitely benefit from learning more about financial and economical aspects. Thus, I am mainly wondering if this kind of knowledge is a prerequisite for applying? Or if it might be one of the learnings which I could obtain through the programme?

Thanks again,

Camilla

23. Posted February 13, 2017 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Hi Camilla,

sorry, I just read this so I hope it’s not too late – did you apply? Because I definitely agree that organisational psychology is business related, too. So that would be enough as a prerequesite in my opinion.

24. Posted February 13, 2017 at 11:30 am | Permalink
    Camilla says:

Thanks, Claudia, for taking the time to reply to my messages, even over the weekend.

I totally understand I couldn’t expect a response on a Sunday, so I realize I reached out a bit too late. Regrettably, I wasn’t convinced that my profile was sufficiently business oriented after reading the “Which programme is for me”-section under the FAQ, and your previous comment, so I actually didn’t end up applying.

I’m however glad to hear you think it would be enough of a prerequisite for this kind of position – a clear motivation to apply for similar positions in the future :)

Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Camilla

25. Posted March 29, 2017 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

“Hi there, I want to subscribe for this web site to obtain most recent updates, therefore where can i do it please assist.”

26. Posted March 30, 2017 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Hi,

thanks for your comment. If you want to stay updated on the blog, feel free to stop by from time to time :-) We also have our talent pipeline, in which you will get news on the different programmes: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/registration-to-global-talent-pipeline.html?cid=nnc-gc-front-gtp

Feel free to sign up!

27. Posted May 1, 2017 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

“Very good article! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website.”

28. Posted May 18, 2017 at 4:07 pm | Permalink
    starter kits says:

“With all these silly websites, such a great page keeps my internet hope alive.”

29. Posted May 21, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink
    Mobile Slots says:

“wow, awesome blog.Thanks Again. Really Cool.”

30. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:39 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Thanks a lot! Glad it helps.

31. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:40 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Haha, that is great to hear! Thanks!

32. Posted June 1, 2017 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Excellent, thanks a lot!

33. Posted November 14, 2017 at 6:26 pm | Permalink
    Grace says:

Hi Claudia,
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to assist all of us. I have an undergraduate degree in Pharmacy and have just completed my MBA in Healthcare Management. I’m not very sure of which program would be suitable for me.
    Regards

34. Posted November 14, 2017 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Dear Grace,

Thank you for your comment! Very interesting to hear! When did you complete your MBA? Please note that the programs starting next year are targeted at MBA students that graduates in 2017 & 2018. You can take a look at the different programs on this page: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk.html

By clicking on the different programs, you reach an overview page of what the program entails. I think you should really look into the Market Access programs, as well as Regulatory Affairs.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

35. Posted November 18, 2017 at 8:49 pm | Permalink
    Grace says:

Thanks, Claudia,
    I graduated this year June. Would the Regulatory Affairs program allow you even with no experience in Regulatory Affairs?

36. Posted November 19, 2017 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Grace,

Correct – none of the programs require previous experience, since they are targeted at early talents / recent graduates. Job experience is therefore more a plus than a must. It’s of course helpful to think about your motivation why you want to work in that field, so a certain degree of knowledge what it would entail is a plus. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

37. Posted November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am | Permalink
    SWAGOTOM says:

Hi Claudia, I graduated in chemistry in 2012 ( academically 2011) and got master degree in inorganic chemistry in 2013 ( academically 2012) from the University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Later, I have got another master degree in Nanoscience and Advanced Materials from Universidade Federal do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil in February 2017 which was supported by Brazilian CNPq scholarship. I did my thesis on photoelectochemical water splitting to generate hydrogen fuel.

So, I have experience on UV-VISIBLE Spectroscopy, column Chromatography. I also have theoretical knowledge in HPLC, GC,IR.

I am fluent in English ( IELTS 6.0/9.0 exam date – 24.04.2014).
    I have basic language knowledge of Portuguese and German. My native language is Bengali.

I would like to grow with your company as a quality controller and travel around the world to monitor other employees so that your company moves forward.

So, May I apply for your International Graduate trainee program, please?
    Thank you.

38. Posted November 27, 2017 at 9:06 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Thanks so much for your comment to my post! I would suggest that you review the Global Development Program, a science program that you can review here: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk/global-development.html

It seems to be very fitting to your profile! I would also suggest that you watch out for blog posts from our Global Development Graduates (for example here). You can also reach out to them on LinkedIn!

I hope that helps :-)

39. Posted November 28, 2017 at 3:10 am | Permalink
    Swagotom says:

Hi Claudia,

Thank you so much too for your answer. I will apply for Global Development Program
    based on your suggestion.Now, I will also try to find other employees to make contact through my LinkedIn profile which is

Thank you again.
    Best Regards,
    Swagotom

40. Posted November 28, 2017 at 2:24 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Great! I will forward your profile to my colleagues in Global Development so that they reach out to you :-) – feel free to ask them any questions you like!

All the best,
    Claudia

41. Posted November 29, 2017 at 3:59 pm | Permalink
    Tarun kumar says:

Hi Claudia

I am Tarun from India.
    First of all I would like to thank you for your informative video.
    I graduated in Drug Regulatory Affairs specialization at 2017.I have some questions regarding program…..

1. It is mandatory to have an international experience to apply for graduate program.

2. For past 3 months I am working on R.O.W country dossier’s, either that is consider as an experience.

3. Did (job) is funded by NovoNordisk, if not how much expenditure backup should candidate have?

Reason for my doubt is earlier at experience criteria it mentioned
    “A candidate should have international experience/mindset”.

Hope you will answer to my queries.

With Regard’s
    Tarun

42. Posted November 30, 2017 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Hi Tarun,

Thanks so much for your comment and your interest in the program. Please see my answers to your questions below:

1. Yes, it is mandatory to have international experience. This experience, however, can come in various ways (e.g. from working abroad, from studying abroad, etc.)
    2. I am not sure what R.O.W. country dossier’s are (I am working on the commercial side of the business, so I am not familiar with Regulatory Affairs – specific questions). Feel free to reach out to our Regulatory Affairs Graduates on the blog, e.g. Mathilde (link)
    3. The graduate programs count as normal full-time positions and are compensated at a competitive rate.

Let me know should you have further questions and thanks once again!

43. Posted December 1, 2017 at 9:56 am | Permalink
    Tarun kumar says:

Hi Claudia

It would be great if below query answered.

If candidate pursue all his education from a single country (India) and he/she graduated just in 2017, without any abroad industrial/academic exposure but have global mindset does they are eligible for this program.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regard’s
    Tarun

44. Posted December 1, 2017 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Hi again Tarun,

you need a minimum of 6 months international experience from studying, working or voluntary work abroad. You can review these requirements on the program page here: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk/r-and-d-regulatory-affairs-uk.html.

Thank you and let me know should you have further questions.

45. Posted December 2, 2017 at 5:15 am | Permalink
    Tarun kumar says:

Hi Claudia,

Thanks a lot for clarifying my queries and providing us with necessary details.

Awesome blog with considerate approach.

Kind Regard’s
    Tarun

46. Posted December 4, 2017 at 3:12 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

You are very welcome, Tarun! Happy to hear that you like the blog :-)

47. Posted December 20, 2017 at 2:14 pm | Permalink
    Tarun kumar says:

Hi Again
    Do we need to translate our grades(mark’s sheet) into transcripts.
    In FAQ’s section this below point probably assuming that we need not to go for transcripts intially.

{Grade Transcript from your master’s degree and/or diploma from your master’s degree (it is not required that you translate your grades)}

Kind regards
    -Tarun

48. Posted December 29, 2017 at 7:16 pm | Permalink
    Arif Siswanto says:

Hi Claudia,

Finally, I found the tips for filming the video. Actually, I am still in doubt regarding the content. Novo Nordisk asks to talk about my expectation about the Graduate Programme and what I would like to contribute to Novo Nordisk but as you said in your video just to be your self. So then I come up with an idea to talk about life in three European countries. Should create a correlation with for both of them or I can just talk about my experience.

Thank you in advance.

Arif

49. Posted December 31, 2017 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Dear Arif,

Thanks for your comment! The question that you are asked to answer in this year’s application video is “What can we expect that you will bring to Novo Nordisk as a Graduate and what do you expect to learn from the Graduate Program?”. Therefore, you can for example first talk about what you bring to the program (eg. having lived in 3 different European countries) and then go into detail what you expect to further learn from the program. I hope this clarifies your question!

50. Posted December 31, 2017 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your comment. You do not need to translate your grade transcripts.

51. Posted December 31, 2017 at 2:39 pm | Permalink
    Arif Siswanto says:

Dear Claudia,

It was clear enough and help me to figure my statement on the video out.

Once again, thank you and happy new year. I wish we could meet on the Novo Nordisk very soon.

Arif

52. Posted January 1, 2018 at 1:20 pm | Permalink
    Tarun kumar says:

Hi

Thank you for your guidance, wishing you A Happy and Prosperous New Year.

With Regards
    -Tarun

53. Posted January 1, 2018 at 2:04 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Thanks a lot, Tarun, and the same to you!

54. Posted January 1, 2018 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Dear Arif,

Happy I was able to help! Feel free to reach out should you have any other questions.

All the best & happy new year,
    Claudia

55. Posted January 1, 2018 at 5:23 pm | Permalink
    Arif Siswanto says:

Hi Claudia,

I am coming back to the question about the duration of the video. I did record my video but it has 1 minute 2 seconds, do you think it would be fine?

56. Posted January 1, 2018 at 6:40 pm | Permalink
    Jing says:

Dear Claudia,

Happy new year!

I wonder what are the different qualities ‘European Market access’ and ‘Global Market access’ are looking for when selecting candidates? Would the ‘European Market access programme’ prefer European citizens?

I am trying to look for a programme that suits me. Would appreciate it if you could give me some advice on that. I’m originally from China and just finished an MSc in International Health in Oxford and priority to that, I worked as a health journalist in China for a few years. Any advice would be appreciated!

Best wishes,

Jing

57. Posted January 1, 2018 at 11:42 pm | Permalink
    Elle says:

Hi Claudia,

Happy New Year! Thank you for being so prompt and helpful with answering all our queries.

I am currently doing a Masters in Development Management, but have an undergrad degree as well as various internships in Marketing. Given this, would I be considered eligible?

Could I also find out more about the difference between the Global Market Access and Global Marketing? And how does the sifting process work if you apply for 2 programmes?

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
    Elle

58. Posted January 2, 2018 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Hi Arif,

The video can be a maximum of 60 seconds. I am not sure if the software accepts the video if it’s longer… maybe you can cut 2 seconds off?

Hope that helps!

59. Posted January 2, 2018 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Dear Jing,

Thanks so much for your comment and happy to hear about your interest in the Market Access programs. I am not aware of any passport restrictions for the programs, however I would strongly encourage you to review the specific requirements here: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk.html by clicking on the respective programs. Also, feel free to reach out to current Market Access graduates on LinkedIn: for example Anne for European Market Access (https://www.linkedin.com/in/anneschou) or Laura for Global Market Access (https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-rizkallah-21b857b1). They will be able to explain better than me, since I am part of the Global Marketing program.

I really hope that I was able to help you and please feel free to reach out should you have any further question!

60. Posted January 2, 2018 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Hi Elle,

Thanks a lot for your comment and your interest in the Graduate programs! Happy to clarify.

Your experience sounds suitable for the Global Marketing program, and I would encourage you to review all application requirements on the program page (by clicking on the respective program here: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/graduate-programmes-overview-uk.html).

The difference between the Market Access and Marketing programs is the following: Market Access is commonly anchored in the public affairs part of the business, and deals with pricing, reimbursement and the insurance landscape. There are different departments in Market Access, including strategic pricing, HEOR, Real-word evidence, etc. Commonly, Market Access Graduates have a public health or science background. In the Global Marketing program, however, you would normally work on the brand team for a specific brand and develop brand-level tactics, material and strategies (e.g. Marketing campaigns). Global Marketing graduates normally have a commercial background. The specific layout of both programs depends on the personal profile, preferences, as well as the business need (i.e. departments that need or want a graduate in their teams).

If you apply to two programs, your applications will be considered completely seperately, i.e. The team reviewing the applications is a different one. They will, however, receive a notification that you applied to another program as well, and will also be able to review the other application, if deemed relevant.

I really hope that this information was what you were looking for and please feel free to ask any other question you may have!

All the best,
    Claudis

61. Posted January 2, 2018 at 4:23 pm | Permalink
    Jing says:

Dear Claudis,

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s very helpful!

May I ask a follow-up question — I wonder if my journalistic background could make me a suitable candidate for the marketing programme? Although I don’t have direct experience in marketing, I am very interested in branding and have extensive experience in community engagement and communication.

Best wishes,

Jing

62. Posted January 4, 2018 at 2:12 pm | Permalink
    Imene Bousmaha says:

Hi Claudia and happy new year,

i’m Imene from Algeria and i’m a 2017 graduate!, I have two questions.
    1/Considering the fact that i don’t have any international experience but at the same time i’ll be working (and this is my first job) as a junior analyst in an American mutiltinational here in Algeria, Would that count as an equivalent of an international experinece since i’ll be working in a multinational environment or not?
    Also, i would like to know if mentionning the fact that i’ll have a first job is disqualifying or is at the opposit increasing my chances?
    i’m looking forward to your answer.
    Thank you.

63. Posted January 4, 2018 at 3:57 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hi Claudia,

I have just finished my masters in healthcare policy and management from the university of Birmingham, previously I had finished my undergrads in bachelors of dental surgery in 2016 from India. I have been all over the globe in terms of schooling and more recently I volunteer for a youth based organisation in UK which deals with stakeholder engagement and liaising with policy makers and all.

I have done a lot of extracurricular activities in school.

Do you think I would be a right candidate for the European Market access or the Global Market access program?

Thank you for your help.

cheers

64. Posted January 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm | Permalink
    Imene Bousmaha says:

Hi again, an other last questionjust to be sure.
    Should we upload a translated version of the master’s degree certificat or just upload the original one?
    Thanks in advance.

65. Posted January 5, 2018 at 6:12 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Hi Imene and thanks so much for your comment. First of all, congrats on your position. I definitely think having some experience on the job is a positive thing! Having a minimum of 6 months of international experience is indeed a requirement for your application. The experience, however, does not have to come from working abroad. It can also be volunteering abroad, or studying abroad.

I hope this helps :-)

All the best,
    Claudia

66. Posted January 5, 2018 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Hi Jing,
    Great to hear that I was able to help. I defintely think that your journalistic experience is marketing- and communications-related. Communications is a big part of marketing and I would strongly encourage you to apply, especially given your interest in branding :-)

All the best,
    Claudia

67. Posted January 5, 2018 at 6:21 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Hi Imene – the official untranslated version will be fine :-)

68. Posted January 5, 2018 at 6:33 pm | Permalink
    Claudia Claudia says:

Hi Vijaya and thank you for your comment. Reading through your experience, I assess you to be very eligible for application to the program :-) please let me know should you have any further question!

69. Posted January 5, 2018 at 7:28 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Thanks a lot for your positive and encouraging response. I was wondering how should the cover letter look like in terms of structure, as in can it have bullet points or traditional paragraphs are ideal. What should it ideally include?
    Should CV be one side of a A4 sheet (tailored version) or should it be very detailed with all educational details including grades from school up to masters?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

70. Posted January 6, 2018 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Hey Vijaya,

Great that my response was encouraging :-)

In terms of coverletter, I would suggest to make it a running text instead of bullet points. For the CV, it is preferrable to keep it to 1 page. In terms of content, I have written an article on LinkedIn that will help you with that. Why don’t you give it a read here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/part-3-your-application-global-marketing-graduate-program-laven

Let me know if that helped :-)

71. Posted January 6, 2018 at 11:50 am | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Dear Claudia
    Thank you so much!
    I shall check through and get back to you if I have doubts. Thank you again

Best regards
    Vijaya

72. Posted January 6, 2018 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Excellent! Thanks, Vijaya.

73. Posted January 6, 2018 at 2:59 pm | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Hi Claudia,

These tips would apply for the European market access and Global market access program as well?

74. Posted January 7, 2018 at 7:28 pm | Permalink
    Jing says:

Thank you so much, Claudia!

75. Posted January 13, 2018 at 12:59 am | Permalink

Hi Vijaya,

sorry for the late response but yes, they would!