Ready, steady, GO! …but where? Abroad rotations in the graduate programme!

Category: Business Processes | 21 comments

Hello again! Today I would like to share with you where you can potentially end up for your rotations abroad as graduates at Novo Nordisk. I woke up in a snowy Copenhagen , and my head can’t help thinking about my next rotation…Panama! So I HAVE to share with you what I know and think about the experience abroad during the programme!

Snowy copenhagen

Bopa Plads in Copenhagen

A broad range of choices…

As many of you know, Novo Nordisk has a global presence: affiliates or offices are present in 77 different countries, there are 16 production sites across 5 continents and products are marketed in around 170 countries. What does this mean? The range of countries you can go live and work is not banal!

We had a graduate get together last week, where the graduates from the different programmes shared their next destinations. Quite a few are heading the U.S., our biggest market. Some will rotate within Europe (France, Spain, Switzerland,..). A few will experience Far East Asia (Japan, China, Thailand, Myanmar,..). Other destinations include United Arab Emirates, Brazil and even Australia. And the cool thing is that we are all going to do different things.

…So can I choose where to go?

I got this question a lot lately, so I’d like to address it in this post. As a graduate, you are able to express your preference in terms of function and office for the next rotation, but you obviously have to keep open for alternative options, too. Throughout the two years a graduate manager will follow you and your development, and he/she will discuss with you about career and rotation options, including the rotations abroad.

world map

Where graduates will be going

And what is the value of the rotation abroad?

I know that for many of you the second rotation is just a far-away thought: application and VIDEO are, most likely, the words buzzing in your head at the moment. However, it is good to think about the added value that this programme can give you through the abroad rotations. Primarily, you will be able to experience the affiliate setting, which (and this is what I have been hearing from all of the older graduates) is quite different from the Head Quarter experience in Denmark. The rotation abroad allows you to get closer to the market, to the patients and to the whole dynamic around sales and hands-on implementation of local and global strategies. I cannot wait to experience that in first person and to share it with you!

What I will be doing and why.

For those who are interested in a more specific example of an abroad rotation, I can briefly touch upon my coming rotation in Panama City. I will be living and working there from May to December 2017. From the current position in Corporate Sustainability, I’ll be moving towards a marketing position, well I will support the preparation of product launches as well as learn about some commercial effectiveness-related taks of the affiliate. This will allow me to experience a more analytical role, in a country that I never experienced before but that intrigues me for its controversial fame and, honestly, its Latin approach. I look forward to working in a new market with new people and new tasks! It’s going to be a challenge, but that’s what the programme is also about! :)

If you are also up for a challenge, make sure to apply by THIS SUNDAY,  12 FEBRUARY 2017 on our website!

Best of luck with the applications and, of course, feel free to comment or email me if you have any questions or feedback!!

Ready, steady, GO! …but where? Abroad rotations in the graduate programme!, 2.5 out of 5 based on 8 ratings

21 Comments to Ready, steady, GO! …but where? Abroad rotations in the graduate programme!

1. Posted February 12, 2017 at 4:09 pm | Permalink
    Evi Kanouta says:

Hello Francesca,

Many thanks to you and all of the current graduates for such inspiring and informative posts! I have applied yesterday and I’m so excited for that!! Hope to meet all of you in Copenhagen!

P.S Good luck with your next rotation!

2. Posted February 13, 2017 at 7:57 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Dear Evi! Thank you:) We are glad that the blog is helpful! Best of luck with the application process!

3. Posted February 13, 2017 at 7:42 pm | Permalink
    Miriam Sousa says:

Hi!

Just to say that reading this blog was very helpful in my application. I really hope to meet you all in September in Copenhagen. Thank you all!
    ..fingers crossed.. :)

4. Posted February 14, 2017 at 8:45 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Hi Miriam! Happy to hear that! :) All the best then!!

5. Posted February 14, 2017 at 11:20 pm | Permalink
    Angel Nikolov says:

Thank you for sharing this with us, Francesca! I’m really looking forward to the application process!

6. Posted February 15, 2017 at 7:05 am | Permalink
    Kashif Ahmed says:

Hi there,

Thank you for giving us an insight of what the graduate program is all about.
    This is really an exciting phase and hope to be a part of Novo Nordisk soon.

7. Posted February 15, 2017 at 8:52 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

My pleasure :) Good luck with the application!

8. Posted February 15, 2017 at 8:53 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Thank you Angel! Best of luck with it!

9. Posted March 2, 2017 at 5:16 pm | Permalink
    Ulyana says:

Dear Francesca,

I have been thinking recently about four calls without Caller ID I missed. (Unfortunately someone was calling me while I was at work). Since I can not call back, I wonder if there is an chance that I missed the opportunity to talk to the Novo Nordisk recruitment team?) Thank you for the answer on advance.

Ulyana

10. Posted March 2, 2017 at 5:18 pm | Permalink
    Ulyana says:

Ulyana says:
    Dear Francesca,

Thank you very mich for sharing your experience)

I have been thinking recently about four calls without Caller ID I missed. (Unfortunately someone was calling me while I was at work). Since I can not call back, I wonder if there is an chance that I missed the opportunity to talk to the Novo Nordisk recruitment team?) Thank you for the answer in advance.

Ulyana

11. Posted March 3, 2017 at 9:56 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Dear Ulyana, Thank you for reaching out. I informed the HR department about it. If it was Nvo Nordisk, I think they will follow up with you. Best of luck, Francesca

12. Posted March 3, 2017 at 3:42 pm | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Dear Ulyana,

You will receive a response on Monday.
    All the best,

Francesca

13. Posted March 4, 2017 at 10:40 am | Permalink
    Diana says:

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information you’re sharing. I have a question, I’d travelled to Manila for a month and my phone wasn’t reachable and I wouldn’t know whether Novo Nordisk reached out or not. I assumed the response would be through an email. So am inquiring if an individual wasn’t able to communicate with HR in Feb do they still have a chance of been contacted?

14. Posted March 4, 2017 at 1:39 pm | Permalink
    Aphrodite says:

Dear Francesca,

Thank you for your support towards the new applicants! As being one myself, I haven’t stop thinking about the progress of my application. I still haven’t heard anything from the Novonordisk team and I have started to get disappointed. Will we receive an email even if we don’t make it to the next step? Or shall we assume that no response by now means rejection?

Thank you for your response in advance!

All the best and good luck at your next rotation in Panama!
    Afroditi

15. Posted March 5, 2017 at 1:51 pm | Permalink
    Sam Black says:

Hi Francesca,

I am a graduate student at the University of Cambridge who is very interested in the global business processes program at Novo Nordisk. I applied on the 9th of February and am still waiting for a response on my application. Given 3 working weeks have passed since my application, do you know when I can expect to hear back?

Sam

16. Posted March 5, 2017 at 10:13 pm | Permalink
    Susan says:

Good Day

I applied for the Graduate Programme and have not received any feedback as yet. Given the current inequitable standards of healthcare (particularly with Type II Diabetes in South Africa)I believe greater efforts to increase awareness in the public health sector is necessary. This is not just a job but rather an opportunity to influence behaviour and offer cutting edge treatment modalities to improve health care outcomes

Susan Thomas

17. Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:54 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Dear Susan, thank you for sharing your reflection. As for your application, you will receive an answer by this week. Best of luck! Francesca

18. Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:57 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Hi Sam, thank you for your interest. Please expect to hear back this week and best of luck with the application !!

19. Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:59 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Dear Afroditi! Thank you for your support! You will receive a response no later than this week! All the best,
    Francesca

20. Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:21 am | Permalink
    Benazir Syeda says:

Hi Francesca,

I am a graduate student at Warwick Business School, The University of Warwick. I applied to the global finance program at Novo Nordisk on the 10th of February and am still waiting for a response on my application. I haven’t received any communication with regards to my application status. Given 3 working weeks have passed since my application, do you know when I can expect to hear back?

21. Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:27 am | Permalink
    Francesca Francesca says:

Hi Benazir,

Thank you for your message. Please expect to hear back this week. All the best, Francesca