Time to apply – who are we looking for?

Category: Business Processes European Finance Global & European Market Access Global Finance Global Marketing Global Procurement Product Supply R&D Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control Graduate Programme R&D Global Development R&D Regulatory Affairs | 30 comments

The deadline for applying for one of the graduate programmes is closing in – you have to send in your application here no later than 12 February 2017. I can imagine that many of you who are considering applying for one of the graduate programmes have thoughts about what type of people Novo Nordisk is looking for. So to clarify this, I will briefly go through the formal qualifications needed to apply, but also the profile and characteristics we hope to find and how you can implement this in your application.

Formal qualifications needed to apply:

• A Master’s degree from 2016 or 2017 in a relevant field (depending on which programme you apply for, but it could be economics, international business, public health, marketing or similar).
  • Above average academic achievements.
  • A minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience or extracurricular activities.
  • International experience from working, studying or volunteering.
  • Professional fluency in English.
  • The right mind-set with a can-do attitude, high ambitions and excellent interpersonal skills.

The graduate profile we are looking for is characterised by being:

• Driven – You have to know why you want to work for Novo Nordisk and why you want to be part of the graduate programme.
  • A team player – You should be able to work well in teams and have a humble attitude. Great work is not done by one person alone, but in a team, so we expect you to have a team player mind-set.
  • Proactive – You have to be ready to take initiative and show enthusiasm. We need people who are proactive and not sitting around waiting for someone else to do something.
  • Ready for change – You will be put through three different rotations (read more about the rotations in European Market Access here), so we want someone who can adapt and enjoys change.
  • Result oriented – You have to be able to deliver results and be a high achiever. We are looking for talents who knows what they want and who can deliver great results.

A good way of demonstrating that you possess these characteristics is by giving concrete examples! This applies to both your cover letter, but also in interviews. Examples are great because your previous behaviour in job situations is the best indicator of your future behaviour. The examples shouldn’t be too long, so don’t explain all the details. Instead you should emphasize your role, who was involved and what the results were. And most importantly – what did you learn from it? Remember that the best example may not necessarily be one where you achieved the best result, but where you played a major role and your great competencies were expressed clearly. If you are lucky, it might be the same example.

So, use examples in your online application (including the 1-minute video) to show who you are and why Novo Nordisk should hire you for a graduate position. Read other good tips and tricks for the application process here and here. I wish you the best of luck with your application and feel free to leave a comment or a question below!

Time to apply – who are we looking for?, 3.0 out of 5 based on 6 ratings

30 Comments to Time to apply – who are we looking for?

1. Posted February 13, 2017 at 6:09 pm | Permalink
    Ha Giang says:

Hello,

I am Giang Ha, an MBA candidate. Could you please tell me if the application for the Global Marketing program is still open for 2017? Thank you very much!

2. Posted February 13, 2017 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Dear Giang Ha,

The deadline for the Marketing graduate programme closed yesterday, so it is unfortunately too late to apply.

Anne Schou

3. Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:48 pm | Permalink
    mero says:

Hello
    im amar, an international busniss programm condudate, i pass my first step but in the 2nd they talk about oppertunitys ,, idnt inderstandt what they want me to do ,
    please help

4. Posted February 21, 2017 at 11:55 am | Permalink
    Nana says:

Hi, I am just curious to know, if someone is not invited to the phone interview, do they get any response from the company, for example, an application rejection letter or they don’t get any response at all?

5. Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Hi Nana,

Yes, everybody will get a response.

6. Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean by the second step? The application deadline was 12 February 2017, so it is too late to apply now.

7. Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:27 pm | Permalink
    mero says:

thanks anne ijust get the response from Nana ,
    im waiting for phone interview :)

8. Posted February 22, 2017 at 1:53 pm | Permalink
    Diana says:

Hi,

I wanted to ask does everyone get a response on the status of their application at the same time or is it in stages?

Diana

9. Posted February 22, 2017 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Hi Diana,

Thank you for the question! Everybody will get a response within 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck,

10. Posted February 24, 2017 at 10:42 am | Permalink
    Diana says:

Hi Anne,

Thank you for the response. I wait for the email then.

Thanks again

11. Posted February 26, 2017 at 9:37 am | Permalink
    Dushyant Purani says:

Hello Anne
    I have already applied for international Business Operations (India) before 3 weeks.
    It was mentioned in the confirmation email that I will get response within 3 weeks but still I have not got any response from Novo Nordisk
    Will they inform me about my selection or rejection status?
    Thanks in advance

12. Posted February 28, 2017 at 11:07 am | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Dear Anne,
    I had applied for the European market access programme on 11th February, it’s been more than 2 weeks now, I have not heard back. Does it mean that I have not made it or still the screening process is going on? Would appreciate your feedback.

Regards
    Vijaya

13. Posted February 28, 2017 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Dear Vijaya,

The deadline for applying was on the 12th and from that date you ca expect 2-3 weeks of waiting time. So, you should hear from us soon!

14. Posted February 28, 2017 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Hi,

Yes, you should hear from us very soon!

15. Posted February 28, 2017 at 11:15 am | Permalink
    Vijaya says:

Dear Anne,
    So this is the third week, so there is still chance. I’m hopeful. Thanks. And you said that everyone would get a response irrespective of the result.
    Thanks a lot. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
    Vijaya

16. Posted February 28, 2017 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Dear Vijaya,

Yes, everyone will get a response regardsless.

17. Posted March 5, 2017 at 1:23 pm | Permalink
    Mengjue Zhang says:

Hi Anne, it’s been over three weeks since 12th Feb but I haven’t received any notifications about my application to the graduate program in RA. Could you please kindly let me know if I should wait any longer or have I missed out on this opportunity?
    Many Thanks
    Kind Regards
    Emma Zhang (Mengjue)

18. Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Hi Emma,

You should hear something today!

19. Posted March 6, 2017 at 1:13 pm | Permalink
    Alejandro says:

Hi Anne

The same problem as everybody jaja. I applied to the RA programme. Should I expect new today or maybe this week?
    Thank you.
    Kind regards.
    Alejandro

20. Posted March 7, 2017 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Hi Alejandro,

You should have recieved an email yesterday (Monday). I hope you did?

21. Posted March 7, 2017 at 11:57 pm | Permalink
    David Lopez says:

Hi Anne

I have applied for the International Operations Business program (Latam) over a month ago, however I have not received any news yet.

Should I wait until the end of this week to receive an answer or it will take more time?

22. Posted March 8, 2017 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Hi David,

You should hear something very soon!

23. Posted March 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm | Permalink
    Lakshmana Rao says:

I want to apply R&D regulatory affairs program 2017. How to apply and what is the last date to apply and fee structure.

24. Posted March 13, 2017 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Hi,

The deadline for applying was on January 12th, so unfortunatly it’s too late to apply for our 2017 Graduate positions.

25. Posted March 13, 2017 at 2:17 pm | Permalink
    Lakshman Rao says:

When will be the next admission date ?

26. Posted March 13, 2017 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Hi again,

I expect it to be December 2017 – January 2018.

27. Posted March 13, 2017 at 2:43 pm | Permalink
    Lakshman Rao says:

Ok thank you how can I get know the notification details

28. Posted March 13, 2017 at 2:45 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

You can sign up for out Global Talent Pipeline here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/graduates/registration-to-global-talent-pipeline.html?cid=nnc-gc-front-gtp

29. Posted August 29, 2017 at 11:45 pm | Permalink
    Michaela says:

Hi!

I was wondering if it is also possible to apply for the graduate program after having completed a PhD or would a PhD degree be regarded as a disadvantage?

Thank you!

30. Posted August 30, 2017 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for your question! No, a PhD is definitely not a disadvantage, but also not at all a requirement. So you should of course apply for one of the programmes.

Kind regards,