Calling all master’s students!

Category: Business Processes European Finance Global & European Market Access Global Finance Global Marketing Global Procurement People & Organization Product Supply R&D Global Development R&D Regulatory Affairs | 22 comments

As I wrote in one of my previous graduate blog posts, the graduate programme is not the only option for a life-changing career in Novo Nordisk! If you are studying for a master’s degree and are eager to get started with your career, I can highly recommend applying for one of Novo Nordisk’s more than 100 internships. An internship can be a great way to test your skills and knowledge, but also an opportunity to develop and challenge yourself.

I started my Novo Nordisk career as an intern in the Cities Changing Diabetes team last year, and found that it was a good chance to figure out whether working in Novo Nordisk was something for me. Novo Nordisk takes its interns seriously, and you will have the opportunity to contribute on equal terms, so be ready for a challenge. My six months as an intern was a true learning experience and I had the chance to both use the skills I had achieved from university, but to a large extent also develop new and different capabilities that I could never have gotten from studying. In my case, coming from a public health background, increasing my business understanding was a key learning. I can highly recommend spending six months on an internship at Novo Nordisk, if you want to get a feeling of how it is to work in one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.

However, you only get something out of an internship if you put some effort in it. To get the most out of your stay, here four tips for maximising the benefit of your internship:

1. Have a clear goal: Before you start your internship it is important that you consider what you actually want to get out of it. What would you like to learn and what are your expectations? It is also a good idea to think about where you can contribute to the company!
  2. Be curious: To learn as much as possible, you have to be motivated and curious of what is going on – ask questions, participate in as many different meetings as possible and reach out to people.
  3. It is okay to make mistakes: An internship is a learning journey and no one expects that you can deliver from day 1, which also means that you have to be open to and ask for feedback during your stay.
  4. Be social: Make sure that you talk to all the interesting people you meet and network as much as possible. Participate whenever there is a social event and see it as an opportunity to get to know people who might be able to help you later on in your career.

Novo Nordisk offers around 100 internship positions in all areas of the business, ranging from marketing, finance & economics, research & development, engineering and IT. The internships vary in length (from 4-6 months) and scope but are all designed to give master’s students a valuable learning experience. The application period for the majority of the fall internship positions is from now to 14 May 2017.

See all the internships positions right here and read more about internships in Novo Nordisk here.

Calling all master’s students!, 4.0 out of 5 based on 8 ratings

22 Comments to Calling all master’s students!

1. Posted May 4, 2017 at 11:43 pm | Permalink
    M.Naeem Ullah Khan says:

Hello there,

I am interested, How can i apply for the business internship program?

Looking forward to hearing you.

Naeem

2. Posted May 5, 2017 at 10:16 am | Permalink
    Shehleeza Imdad says:

Thank you Ma’am for sharing such a helpful informatory blog. I am student of MSc EU Regulatory Affairs at Danube University Krems-Austria and I have also applied for internship at Novo Nordisk. Hope I will also get this commendable opportunity and it will lead me towards successful career. Thank you

3. Posted May 5, 2017 at 10:30 am | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Dear Naeem,

Thank you for your comment. You can find the different internships here: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/graduates-students-and-trainees/students/internships.html
    When you find an internship that fits you, there is a link in the descriptions of the position you can follow to send your application.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Anne

4. Posted May 5, 2017 at 10:31 am | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

You are very welcome, I am happy you found it helpful!

I wish you the best of luck with your application process.

Anne

5. Posted May 5, 2017 at 3:45 pm | Permalink
    Shehleeza Imdad says:

Kindly let me know about Denmark work permit, I applied for Internships but I do not have work permit. When should I apply for Denmark work permit? After Internship confirmation or with Application?

Kindly help me in this matter. I visited Denmark embassy today they said you can apply now.

Looking forward to hear from you.

6. Posted May 8, 2017 at 9:46 am | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Thank you very much for your interest in our internship programme. You should not start applying for a Danish work permit before you have an agreement on a job offer from a hiring manager. The process of applying for a Danish work permit cannot be initiated before you have a signed employment contract. Acquiring a Danish work permit typically takes between 2-3 months, so it should be possible to obtain a work permit in time if the internship begins in August or September.

Anne

7. Posted June 21, 2017 at 6:38 am | Permalink
    Reetika Borate says:

Hello,

I graduated in 2012 with a Masters degree in Biotechnology and have been working as a Pharmacovigilance Specialist with a CRO in India since then.

I am interested in R&D Regulatory affairs. Are there any opportunities for me in the internship programs or graduate programs in this area offered at Novo Nordisk?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Reetika

8. Posted June 21, 2017 at 12:26 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Dear Reetika,

Thank you for your comment!

The internships in Novo Nordisk are aimed exclusively at students in their first or second year of studying for a Master’s degree and to be eligible for one of our graduate programmes you have to have graduated recently (no more than one year of experience). So if you graduated in 2012, I would recommend you to look at our permanent positions: http://www.novonordisk.com/careers/working-at-novo-nordisk/available-jobs.html

Best of luck to you!

Kind regards,
    Anne

9. Posted July 8, 2017 at 2:16 pm | Permalink
    Aditi Methi says:

Hi Anne!

I’m a biology masters student from India, and will be graduating in July 2018. I am interested in applying for the graduate programme in Global Development, but I was confused whether work experience is necessary for the same, or if it’s just a favourable factor for selection. If it is necessary, can it include relevant internships as well? I’ll be really grateful if you could take out time and help me out. Thanks!

10. Posted July 9, 2017 at 9:42 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi Aditi,

Thank you for your question! Work experience can also be a relevant internship, a student assistant job etc. It doesn’t have to be experience from a full time position.

I hope this answered your question – Good luck applying!

Kind regards,
    Anne

11. Posted September 2, 2017 at 2:56 am | Permalink
    Andrew says:

Hi Anne,

Thank you for the informational post. I totally appreciate it. I am interested in knowing whether final year MBA students with more than 2 years of experience can apply to the finance programs?

12. Posted September 4, 2017 at 2:16 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi,

You’re welcome, glad you found it useful!

The graduate programmes are targeted less experienced and newly graduated people. SO with more than 2 years of experience you would not be eligible for the programme. Instead I would recommend you to take a look at the full-time positions within finance.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
    Anne

13. Posted October 2, 2017 at 6:49 pm | Permalink
    djediai imene says:

Hi , i have a master’s degree toxicology i’ve graduated June 2017 , I am interested in applying for the graduate programme in Global Development, but i’m little confused about the work experience

14. Posted October 9, 2017 at 6:28 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

If you graduated in June 2017 you will be eligible to apply for one of the programmes in 2018. In relation to work experience, it is an advantage to have relevant work experience but not required as such.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Anne

15. Posted October 12, 2017 at 7:35 pm | Permalink
    PAULA ALFARO CHACÓN says:

Hi,

I would like to ask two different questions. I´m going to finish my degree in Pharmacist (It´s a Msc) at the beginning of next July (2018), can I apply for graduate programme in Global Development and Regulatory Affairs? I´m not sure which one I´m going to like, and I don´t know too if I can apply
    On the other hand, I´m from Spain and we have different study methods and grades. If I applied with you, would you like me to transfer my marks in GPA.

I´m very interested in your company and in yours graduate programmes.

Thank you very much.

Paula

16. Posted October 13, 2017 at 3:34 pm | Permalink
    Viktor Danev says:

Dear Anne,

I would like to ask the following: I am currently doing my Master’s degree in Drug Discovery and Pharma Management in University College London and I will graduate next summer. Will I be eligible to apply for the European Market Access Graduate Programme, because according to the entry requirements, a master’s degree within health economics, public health, pharmacy or business administration is needed.

However, I have done several internships in the field of the pharmaceutical industry and my last internship was focused on HTA submissions, so I have some experience in the field of Market Access.

Viktor

17. Posted October 23, 2017 at 11:56 am | Permalink
    Amruta says:

Hi Anne,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have a quick question. Is this program open for PnD graduates?

Thanks in advance.

Amruta

18. Posted October 23, 2017 at 12:00 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi Amruta,

Thank you for your question. Yes, the programme is also open for PhD graduates.

Kind regards,
    Anne

19. Posted October 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi Paula,

Yes, if you graduate in July 2018 you can apply. The start day will be 1 September. Feel free to apply for more than one programme if you feel it is relevant. I would just recommend explaining very clearly why you think each is relevant for you.

It would be great if you can upload your grades in GPA, but it is also okay to do it with the Spanish grades.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Anne

20. Posted October 23, 2017 at 12:07 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Hi Viktor,

Yes of course you are eligible to apply for one of the graduate programmes (as long as you graduated this year or will graduate next year – the start date will be 1 September). The programmes mentioned is only meant as guidance, so please do apply! It sounds like you have had a lot of relevant experience as well, so the Market Access graduate programme could be an obvious choice.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Anne

21. Posted October 28, 2017 at 11:09 am | Permalink
    JOEL SIM says:

Dear Anne,

I am graduating only in Oct 2018. Would that make me ineligible for the intake in 2018 as the start date is 1 Sep 2018?

22. Posted October 28, 2017 at 9:44 pm | Permalink
    Anne Anne says:

Dear Joel,

You would have to be able to start September 1, so I would say that it depends on whether you have to attend university until October or not. The timing in your graduation is not a problem.

Kind regards,